Cautionary

Content is purely objective, but a subjective diary. No offense, non taken.

January 30, 2012

Life is a box of Chocolate?

So I am packing for Cali and I see this pack of Chocolate on the dinner table. If ever is the case that there is a bar of chocolate anywhere it would be devoured in a jiffy. This time I have been watching it. I either haven't had a chocolate in a while or completely avoiding it to watch my weight and also to get more into dark chocolate than the regular milk ones.

To get back to the chocolate on the dinner table. I ask my dad where its from. Usually there are these gatherings of my parents friends that come by and bring in goodies as such. I try avoid. So my Dad asks if I would eat it. Before I could finish I say that i probably wont. I gave up on them.

Now I am not supposed to feel bad about it. The worst comes now. He said he bought the one in the mall off a handicapped kid. Since a kid I have been brought up on the thought that everyone gets a fair equal chance to life. That everyone has 24 hours 7 days a week. And not that I have a soft spot for anyone, but this hits me that OK someone didn't get a fair chance, he is trying to make a living. Fine. It is bad, I have seen much, and that it is still OK to a certain extent as I guess life ain't fair.
Now the kid is trying, he is trying hard to make a living, or should I say a standing. Even if there is meager amounts of handicap privilege's he gets off the Canadian Govt.. Even then I presume the kid is trying to make his own standing.

Here's what hit me the hardest. My dad said while selling he could barely talk. Talk, speech a way to convey. One tries hard to make a stand, to say it all that life is worth living. And then take his speech off, make him handicapped and he still tries. Harder and harder, until the day comes that either you give up or burn out.

Should I curse the parents or the Gods to let this child life. With millions born and meager dying we complain off life. Nature disposes humanity and everything living in a jiffy. I still don't see birth as a gift of life than a sin of man. If it was a gift life, Nature or be it god wont dispose us off like waste, in a Katrina and earthquake or any calamity. And we keep being optimistic, that this kid ain't a mistake but a gift. That if tomorrow if there is ever a national crisis, be it war or a calamity that the country wont think of the healthier ones, of the kids and the women over its sickly.

A rhetorical question...If really life is a box of Chocolate? A very bitter one. Maybe too much of it would just handicap you.

I pray and I eat it.

No comments: